Girls in dorm situations can be pretty mean to each other, but one female student at the University of Hartford took dislike and destruction to a new level. Brianna Brochu took her own bodily fluids and contaminated her roommates belongings with it, making the other woman ill in the process.
“Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 1/2 month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions, rubbing used tampons [on] her backpack, putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn’t shine and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie,” Brochu wrote in the caption for photos posted on Instagram.
What was especially alarming was how Rowe detailed how she had been continually getting sick while rooming with Brochu.
“While I’ve been here, I’ve been getting sick. Not knowing why I’ve been getting sick. It started with throat pain. I thought maybe because it’s colder up here, I’m just probably catching a cold,” Rowe revealed in a Facebook video detailing the ordeal. “The sore throat pain got worse and it was just throat pain. And this was happening for about a month. It got to the point where I had extreme throat pain where I couldn’t sleep, to the point where I couldn’t speak. Like, I’d try to whisper and I could barely whisper.”
Disgusting isn’t strong enough of a word for what Brochu did to her roommate. The accused was expelled from the university, however, the state cooked up what has to be the most wimpy slap on the wrist ever for this sort of behavior.
Brochu will have to perform a cushy 200 hours of community service, with 50 of those hours at a literacy organization in Greater Hartford and another 50 at a social services group.
If Brochu manages to not be disgusting [and] stay out of trouble and complete those requirements, the charges she faced—breach of peace and criminal mischief—will be tossed out after two years.
Brochu will be forbidden from having contact with Rowe and will have to submit to a mental health evaluation.
Sorry, but that is just not enough. This chick is sick, there is no other way to put it.